Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Update

My blog entries shouldn't ALWAYS be updates. Kind of pathetic. I have good intentions with this blog. I think it's important to keep a record SOMEWHERE of what happens in our day-to-day-lives. I have little ways of doing that here and there - places where I jot down funny things that happen to us, or stuff the girls do and say. But it is not as in-depth as I would like it to be. I'm not going to attempt to play catch up with all of the events that have happened between my last post and now. Lots of holidays, etc. But I need to start somewhere. Here's a peek at daily life.

Fresh air is the answer to most of the problems we encounter daily. No matter the weather, the girls love being outside. Although we don't currently have a yard, we are surrounded by the most beautiful, mature trees that are daily reminders of the changing seasons and the immaculate beauty of God's green earth.
Reagan and I read Charlotte's Web together this past summer/fall. She was enthralled by it. After reading it, she insisted on wearing her "farm overalls" and was "Fern" more than she was "Reagan" on any given day. She was thrilled at the pumpkin patch when we got to explore the barn and see all the animals. Again, you can see her nervous-excited look. She literally didn't know what to do with herself. It was so cute. She still occasionally requests that I sing the Charlotte's Web song (from the movie) and rock her in the rocking chair before bed at night.
Our growing girls. Reagan is making her typical "nervous-excited" face.
Reagan upon seeing the Disney Princesses LIVE for the very first time. Enough said.
I never tire of watching Jason be a dad to our girls. They love him so much and have a special bond with him that is so different than their relationship with me. He is a loving, attentive, affectionate daddy who loves to make them laugh. We joke about his rule: When all else fails, tickle them. But it works, so it's no joke. Whenever I text him during the day to vent about not knowing what to do about something to do with the girls, he always texts back: Did you try tickling them?
Ever since the girls started bathing together (which was as soon as Ember could sit up - about 5/6 months), bath time is our favorite time of day. The girls love to eat popsicles, bubbles, the water (which we call "bum water" - gross) and splash each other. They bring all sorts of weird toys into the bath. Here is Ember eating bubbles with a giant bouncy ball behind her. I just like having them in a confined space for more than 30 seconds and it doesn't help that they smell so Baby-Magic fresh afterwards.
The girls and I LOVE our local library. I am convinced Federal Way has one of the best children's libraries in the Northwest. I need to take pictures next time we are there. It is totally modern - looks like Ikea on steroids. All sorts of fun stuff for the kids to play and do. They love to go there and put on puppet shows. Reagan is always making a friend at the library. And of course, story time is always a favorite. Here are the girls before Pajama Story Time. I don't know what we'd do without the library.

It is rare that I get a picture with Reagan and I both in it together, for a couple of reasons. #1 - Reagan literally does not sit still for more than a few seconds a day and #2 - I'm the mom; no one takes pictures of the mom. I'll take what I can get.




No comments: