Despite all of my natural motherly instincts...I did it. I let Reagan cry herself back to sleep for the first time tonight. This is why it is almost 2 am and I am up, and to be honest, feeling pretty terrible about it! She didn't even cry for long...probably a good 15-20 minutes, but I am just not used to not picking her up and soothing her when she is crying. I should be enjoying sleep right now, but I can't help but stay awake, wondering if I did the right thing! Being a mother is funny...I am so exhausted from getting up time and time again throughout the night, and yet when I finally let my daughter cry herself back to sleep, I am wide awake, unsure of the ramifications of my decision. And now I miss her... is it her that needs me throughout the night, or me that needs her? We may never know.
Oh, and despite all that we have taught her about what is good and true, my daughter says "Obama." We've tried to record it and I think I got a pretty good clip of it the other night that I'll upload sometime when it is not 2 am. She even said it during closing prayer tonight at the mutual activity. I'm pretty sure it is a new combination of her sounds "bababababa" and "mamamamama," but it really just sounds like she is saying "Obama." Child prodigy? Possessed? We may never know.
Shakespearean Parenting
9 hours ago

4 comments:
I think I let Jack cry it out when he was really small. The first time I had to take a shower (it was during the day) so that I couldnt hear him and then I would have to call my mom so that she could distract me and tell me I was doing the right thing. I remember that being hard. Way to be strong!
ok so i just saw that you made haley a sweet header so you shouldn't use my lame one you can probably make one way better!!
i've always heard it's healthy for babies to cry themselves back to sleep it teaches them to sooth themselves. unless it goes on way too long then i would do something about it. you're doing a great job. you're an excellent mother!
You are such a cute mother! I can't wait and I hope to be as good as you!
hey emily, i have a weird request...maybe i shouldn't ask but i'm going to, about how long is reagan's leg from her ankle to her knee? sorry that is SO weird. wow ok. i'm asking b/c i'm making her some baby leg warmers and i'm almost done with the first one but i have to make sure it's long enough. maybe i'll check it tomorrow at church. since she might start crawling soon i want it to go over her knee a little for extra padding. well that was an akaward comment so i'll be done now.
Post a Comment