Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Music Genome Project


I was just recently introduced to the "Music Genome Project" found at Pandora.com and am just so excited and intrigued by it that I had to pass the word. I still don't know much about it, but what I have found out has made me a believer. You can type in various favorite songs or artists, and they will create a radio station for you to listen to based on your preferences. Every time a new artist or new song plays, you can give it a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down" whether you like it or not, and slowly, it will narrow your radio station down into songs and artists that you will absolutely love. I have been introduced to new music that I probably would never have before, and if that is as exciting to you as it is to me, then you will love it. I guess I would sort of explain it as "Tivo for music"...which maybe already exists now that I think about it, but it was news to me!
p.s. Does anyone else know of any free, fun, or useful websites like this one? I am always excited to find new things to do to waste or spend quality time on, and this was one of them. Please share if you have some gems as well!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love this website. i was confused at first b/c it was all 50 cent crap and i never chose that so it must have been an example one. but i really like all the jason mraz type artists and paramore types. really cool.

Amanda said...

ok we can do some sillouhette pictures. that would be cool. the one on my blog was taken around 4pm, i just didn't use my flash and it turned out like that. just let me know when. i think my mom and i are going to take your mom out for lunch sometime soon for her birthday so you are invited to come with us, it is almost your birthday too :)! this week i have finals but if you wanted to do it in the evening that might work. i'm taking pics for viktoria, spahrs and maybe katy and her family sometime in the next week or so but i can do yours too. well i got to go to work but let me know when/where you want to do pics. see you wednesday for gingerbread houses!