Friday, February 20, 2009

I dream of Jeannie

Reagan has her little repertoire of tricks that we like to go through each day. She's pretty selective about who she does them for, but my parents and siblings seem to be the ideal audience of her choosing. Her favorite right now is "patty cake" - she does most of the hand motions pretty well, especially "Toss it in the oven!" which is her personal favorite. We have also recently taught her to fold her arms. Its the cutest thing. She doesn't understand yet that she's supposed to do it during prayer, but right now any time of the day will do. If you ask her to do something that she either doesn't know how or doesn't remember, she'll always fold her arms as if she's thinking..."hm...where's mom-mom's eyes? That's a toughie. I don't remember but I bet she'll like...this!" (cue folding arms). It gets me every time. I tell her she's so reverent, which she seems to not like very much, because she has started to incorporate "patty cake" with folding her arms. So now, when we ask her to fold her arms, she claps a few times, "rolls it and rolls it" and then folds her arms together. Jason calls it the "I dream of Jeannie dance." It's not necessarily what I was getting at teaching her to fold her arms, but for now it works.

No comments: