Wow...here I am at 36 weeks. Only 4 weeks to go until my due date. Sometimes I get a little sad when I think that I could also still have 6 weeks to go. =( But that's okay. When I was pregnant with Reagan, I was absolutely ready to go when I hit 37 weeks. Bags packed, floors scrubbed, clothes and blankets washed and folded, not to mention organized in very specific 3-month increments in the closet. In fact, I think I unfolded and re-folded everything about 100 times before I actually had a baby to put in those tiny little clothes. And then there were the labels - anything that could possibly be labeled was. My clothes, Jason's clothes - winter, summer, spring, maternity, non-maternity, the "Will I ever fit into these clothes ever again?" section...all of it. This time? Wow, things have changed. I am still pretty hard-core on the cleaning, but I have been since I was about 20 weeks along. I feel like I got all of my nesting urges out. I painted, I decorated, I organized, I re-organized...but all about 15 weeks too early. Now, I am tired and sore, and pretty impressed with myself if I get the house cleaned and straightened up before the next morning. All of those to-do lists of things: get a double stroller, find a dresser for the girls' room, finish painting our room, etc... they are all still on that list...oh, those OMINOUS lists! My priorities are different this time around. I am more looking forward to getting out of the house with Reagan, going on adventures, playing - than I am to do all of these "chores." Yes, they'll probably get done, but they aren't as satisfying as they used to be back when it was just us and no kids. I now know that you can't ever really scrub the floors enough to be prepared to have a human - a new spirit - enter your home. Even if I am grabbing Ember's clothes out of a big giant box in the corner of the room, she will still be loved and kissed and cuddled and fed and (hopefully) happy. Even if I don't get my hospital bag packed, she'll still come, whether I'm ready or not. And packing it 4 weeks early won't make her come any sooner. (I learned that the hard way.) I feel like I owe it to Reagan to spend some special one-on-one time with her before her life is turned upside-down as she becomes a big sister. But what a good one she'll be. Due to her more recent fascination with all things "potty," I think she's most excited for the diaper changes. However, today in sacrament meeting, she lifted up her sweater and attempted nursing her little Elmo, so we'll see. It will be an interesting adventure, and one that I am so excited and more than ready (well, ready as I'll ever be) to start!
Shakespearean Parenting
9 hours ago

3 comments:
OH THAT IS SO CUTE I WISH I COULD HAVE SAT BY YOU AT CHURCH TO SEE THAT TODAY! AHAHAHA! SHE IS THE BEST SO DEFINITELY SOAK UP EVERY MINUTE YOU CAN!
PS - I HAVE A DOUBLE STROLLER I AM SELLING ON CRAIGSLIST BUT HEY IF YOU WANT FIRST DIBS ON IT COME ON OVER! =)
um...you look amazing! please tell how to not gain weight my entire pregnancy...seriously you're tiny...all belly. Don't withhold your secrets! Also, the glider was pretty simple but it wasn't something I could have ever done on my own...my Mom was a huge help!
So excited for you! 36 weeks i cant believe it. Can't wait to see little Ember!
Post a Comment