Were these a normal part of anyone else's childhood, or just us? We used to get these all the time. They are dolls that are traditionally made in Guatemala, that are used to "take away" a child's worries. We called them "trouble babies," because you tell your troubles to them, put them under your pillow at night, and in the morning, if they are gone, so are your troubles. If only it were that simple, right? Apparently we were very troubled children.
Anyways, thanks for sending them, Haley!
(I texted her this picture to show her that I had received them, and she responded with "Jason's hands?" Nope, Haley, just mine, but thank you. Maybe it's the pregnancy-related water retention. I sure hope so.)

3 comments:
they were in my childhood...maybe because the pratts were in my childhood haha. i remember playing witches with those little dolls and salt and pepper shakers. or going out to the "horses" (half buried tires) and us falling asleep, waking up and all having the same dream. or making pond houses with that gross seaweed stuff. can't believe i ever went in that creek.
or how about you making some strange captain crunch "smoothies" (that were really chunkies) and drinking them? i don't know how that tasted good.
also when we had a sleepover at your house and we were trying to find the new mary-kate and ashley movie, billboard dad, your dad took us to every rental store around to find it. i think we found it at crazy mikes? maybe..?
wow that is really random woops. sorry. haha little walk down memory lane for a minute.
p.s. those pics of reagan in your other post are so cute. she is definatly a toddler now she's grown out of her chubby rolls :(. don't fret soon another will bear those rolls, hopefully ;). glad you guys had fun!
Haha, Amanda, thank you for that little stroll down memory lane. SUCH good memories! The Billboard Dad thing made me laugh so hard...I had forgotten all about that. And thanks for drinking my Captain Crunch smoothie...I don't know what you're talking about, that STILL sounds delicious! I miss being a kid!
I love trouble babies.
Post a Comment