






Back in May (wow - I am behind) my best friend Whitney visited us with her beautiful little girl Sawyer. Who visits rainy Washington FROM Southern California? Best friends do, that's who. I am so lucky to know this girl. It's crazy how time flies. I didn't know her 6 years ago when she became my roommate at the lovely (read:ghetto) Liberty Square apartments in Provo. She was and is beautiful and I was intimidated, wondering how she could ever be friends with little old plain me.
We have now been best friends for years, and I secretly really do feel like we were meant to be sisters. She has been there for me through thick and thin, and I like to think that she would say the same. =) The weather was beautiful and in the 70's the whole time she was here, and then gave her a true taste of Pacific Northwest rain and gloom the day she left.
Truth is, I feel extremely lucky to call her my friend, and I hope she knows that. Her visit was timed perfectly because it was during the "thick" of Jason's finals and I had only been seeing him for a few hours a week. I was feeling really lonely and craved some good ol' fashion girl time. We talked and laughed into the wee hours of the night and probably cried a little bit too. Oh...and enjoyed a yummy Wendy's Oreo blended frosty (before they discontinued them! So sad) with fries one night at about midnight without even feeling guilty because calories don't count when you're having a blast with friends. Didn't you know?
It was a quick trip, but I am so glad it happened. I do not have many friends but the ones that I do are eternal ones. I am lucky.

1 comment:
Sometimes I forget to look at blogs these days...because I don't want to look at mine and realize how much I need to catch up on! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! This was one of the funnest trips I have had. You really are the best friend a girl could ask for and I love that Sawyer, Reagan and Ember can grow up to be friends :) Thanks for everything during our visit! Can't wait for the next one!
Post a Comment