Friday, July 24, 2009

July 5th, 1982...

was the day that Jason Nicholas Wilson entered the world. And thank goodness he did. I will never be able to love another human being the way that I love Jason, and I don't think another human being would be able to put up with me the way he does.
His birthday fell on a Sunday this year, so we had a delicious dinner with my family of literally all of Jason's favorite food: meatloaf, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, spinach and raspberry salad, and bread pudding for dessert. I must say, it was quite delicious. Jason's got good taste in food, although sometimes I think he should have grown up in the South or something. Love this guy so much. And I love him even more watching Reagan's love for him - the way she looks at him when he reads to her, the way she hugs him around the neck so tight when she's scared, the way she "pats" his cheeks - she's got this adoration for him that is unmistakable and different from the love she has for anyone else. Today, we were taking a walk in the cemetery while Jason was at work. She proceeded to pick up almost every single pine cone on the ground, handing it to me and saying "dadaaaaah." I asked her if she wanted to give these to her dada, and she followed with an enthusiastic "yeah" and a nod of her head. So tonight, we made a pile of pine cones on dada's nightstand just for him. We can't wait to see the look on his face tomorrow morning when he gets home from work and sees his treasure.
You always hear about how your relationship will change "after the baby comes" and the "honeymoon'll be over." I just can't agree with these statements. I loved Jason before we had Reagan, but I wasn't even prepared for how I would feel about him after she entered our lives. He is now not just my husband, but he's Reagan's dada, and my partner in making sure she will always know how loved she is. He tells her she is beautiful all the time, and I can't think of anything better to hear from a daddy. I love you Jason. Happy late Birthday! (in the blog world. Don't worry, I told him happy birthday in person on his actual birthday too.)

2 comments:

Whitney Easton said...

dear jason.
you're a stand up guy.
remember how you used to bring mints from olive garden for me? i sure appreciated it.
thanks for introducing me to your friends...... got any more? jk?
thanks for letting emily text me all the time.
i sure do love you guys.
hope you had a swell birthday.

dear emily,
cute post. you're a good wife and mother! love you so very much.

~L~ said...

Ah, Emily dear...thank you so much for the love you expressed for Reagan's dada. It sure warms the heart of Reagan's grandma yin! I of course think he is a very special guy...smart, handsome, funny,kind,loving,caring,brave,wonderful husband and father, terrific son and brother,a true peace maker...just a wonderful person. He makes great choices and decison too. His best was choosing you! Thank you for loving him and saying yes!! WE LOVE YOU EMILY!!! Our family would not be the same without you! You are a special person too!Smart,beautiful,funny,kind,loving,caring,wonderful wife and mother, loving and kind daughter and sister.
Love you all!! Kiss Penny for us!!!