Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bumpah

These past few months I have been so grateful for my parents. They have gone above and beyond in helping me with my very busy toddler while I was sick and tired. I don't know what I would have done without them. Reagan has so much fun being over at their house. She just adores them. I think if she could say it, she would say that they are her best friends because they have so much fun with her. When we are over there, she is just all smiles, running around, laughing, and as happy as can be. We were over there for dinner tonight and Reagan was looking out the window waving at her "Bumpah" as he was mowing the lawn on the riding lawn mower. He stopped and waved at her and motioned for her to come outside and have a ride. There is a lot of history behind hitching a ride on the lawnmower with my dad. When we were younger, we would beg my dad to give us rides on the lawn mower and when he agreed, we would scream "Ride, daddy, ride!" as loud as we could over the roar of the mower. Well, now it's Reagan's turn to yell "Ride, Bumpah, ride!" I love to see her spend time with my parents. Moments like this that bring me back to my childhood are so special to me.




She is a little girl now. There's no turning back! It's amazing how much she grows up every single day. She is starting to talk a little bit and says funny little things that crack us all up. Her current favorite is "I don't wanna!" which could be problematic in the future but usually she just says it when she's being goofy. Also, lately she's been saying "Dada school" which is both cute and sad because yes, dada is ALWAYS at school. But at least she's starting to understand that. I just don't want her to be scared to go to school someday because she thinks that it means she's leaving and never coming back! It's hard because Jason does the sleepover shift at work and most days has school from 8 am until 9 at night so we literally only see him for a half hour a day if we're lucky. Reagan gets so excited when daddy comes home and they get some good cuddles in before he has to leave again. She's a daddy's girl through and through!

1 comment:

Whitney Easton said...

AH i love this! Maybe when I visit washington I could have a ride on that thing?? ( jk?) miss you!