Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pregnancy Update #1 (and maybe the only?)

I hardly ever show pictures of my pregnant self. In fact, with Reagan I NEVER did and actually only took about 3 because I just didn't like the way I looked. But, this time I'm smarter - I know that I am going to get huge so I'm not too bothered that my jeans barely fit anymore. I'm still just enjoying being able to see my feet and bending down to tie my shoes! I thought that I'd try to be better this time because, although I know not ALL of you care how I look right now, a select few do, so the rest of you will just have to bear with me!
Here I am at 15 weeks...and yes, it's true - you do show sooner with your second. Not my favorite pregnancy truth, but very true nonetheless! We just scheduled our ultrasound for November 11th when we'll find out what we're having. Can't wait. I am already feeling baby move a little, which is really fun. I still have no "feelings" about what this little person inside me is going to be but everyone else seems to have their opinions. Jason is leaning towards girl, as are many of my friends. My mom seems pretty certain it's a boy though, so we'll see. I'm excited either way. We ask Reagan if it's going to be a girl or a boy and she always says "goy!" so I haven't quite figured out what that means. =)

And just for fun, here's a picture of Reagan contemplating being a big sister. Unsanitary? Maybe.

11 comments:

Liz said...

you know, when i saw you the other day at playgroup i couldn't tell you were pregnant at all, and i kinda hated you a little. j/k you look fabulous. take lots of pictures. baby bumps are so dang cute!

Katy said...

You hott mama, you

Chyla Mashelle said...

Emily I never want to hear how you are fat...you're carrying a child :) Big difference! So random a friend and I were talking about when her mom was pregnant with her and she didn't take a single picture and she really wished that now (she's 22) she could see what her mom looked like pregnant with her :). I'm really excited for You, Jason and Reagan! Congratulations!

Heather and James Georgianna said...

yay for you being pregnant...your "little" bump is so cute!

Whitney Easton said...

You're so tiny! I guess the upside to being really sick is you look so skinny everywhere else!!! eh? Can't wait for this little goy!

Grace said...

you look great...i didnt know you were pregnant! and i love the "goy" response!

Black Family said...

you are so dang skinny minny of course you would show a little baby bump....me i just look like i am getting fat... and people think ....oh she is gaining weight that's too bad....sad but true! You are so cute! I cannot wait to know what you are having ....i think it's a girl too....oh and by the way jake dared me to do the chines fire drill....i promise we are usually not that crazy....lol

Logan Pratt said...

I disagree with everyone you look real fat! I don't know what that goy inside of you is doing ... :[
<3 Lisa

Kristin said...

I love seeing the pics since I don't live close to see you often. it is true what you say that you start to show earlier with each pregnancy. With my first I was well into almost 6 months before you could tell, with the second it was at about 5 months with this one it seemed to be instant. My body said "Oh I have been here before I know what I am doing!" Keep us posted on what you find out the flavor is...... I am leaning toward girl myself. It would be good for Jason to be surrounded by girls.

Kara said...

You look adorable! I hope you continue to post bump pictures. So fun to watch them grow! Best of luck and I hope the sickness starts to dissapate soon!

Ernest Pratt said...

I kept the pee-stick that signaled Dylan's beginnings. This summer I ran into it. When I realized it still smelled like pee, I decided to get rid of it. Of course I asked Dylan and Kathleen if either one of them wanted it. Both said... "GROSS!"