Thursday, April 14, 2011

Compliment


Reagan is a very sweet girl, and always full of compliments if she's in a good mood. She will grab your face, get really close and say, in a syrupy-sweet voice:


"You're the best!"

"You're so beauty-ull."

"I love you, mama."

"You're my best friend."


All of these things melt my heart, no matter how many times she says them to me, or what she's trying to butter me up for. Well, nothing beats the compliment she gave me today. As usual, she puts both her hands gently on my cheeks, leans in close, and whispers:


"Mama, I love your skin. It's so...dry."


Um, excuse me?!


I made a point to go look in the mirror to see if her accusation/compliment had any truth to it. I am proud to say it did not. I am left to think that she thought this really was a nice thing to say.


No comments: