
So you really shouldn't have general authority "favorites," but Jason and I were talking today about how much we just love President Uchtdorf. He is so real and really speaks from his heart to the hearts of anyone listening to him. About everything he says, I want to write down so I don't forget. Here is a really great quote from today. If I am ever feeling down or discouraged, I will try to remember his powerful words:
"To all who suffer, to all who feel discouraged, worried or lonely. I say with love and deep concern for you; never give in, never surrender. Never allow despair to overcome your spirit. Embrace and rely upon the hope of Israel for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow and gladdens every heart."
-President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Isn't that powerful? We love him.

3 comments:
President Uchtdorf has always been my "favorite"!! I remember when he was in the 70 and would speak, I LOVED him, because he had a thick accent and he sounded EXACTLY like my grandpa from Austria. He has lost a lot of his accent now though. But when he was called to be an apostle I was so excited:) THis conference made me a little nervous how everyone was talking about surviving through times of trial, it freaks me out!! haha, kind of like what is coming??? Its just like when you are young and married with a little baby (or one on the way) everything just feels so perfect and you are so in love, its like its almost too good to be true... you know?? It just makes me nervous. Like can I really be this happy forever? haha okay I am rambling.... sorry, conference is great though... and I guess its just good to know that with the lord we can make it through anything:)
President Uchtdorf and our cousin used to share the same office. That was pretty cool. I mean... We see Jack Dixon all the time... but seeing Jack Dixon share on office with Elder Uchtdorf... that made a visit with Jack very cool.
That made my day. His words are so powerful! I love and miss you em.. thanks so much for your amazing example!
Post a Comment