Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Turkey Lurkey

Today Nana (my mom) took us to get ice cream and to good ol' Hovander Park (a childhood classic of mine) to look at the farm animals. I feel like I need to take advantage of this beautiful weather because rain (and possibly snow??) is on the radar in the next few days. Reagan has been practicing her animal noises lately, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to put her new found animal sound skills to use. Unfortunately, the only animals there right now are of the bird variety. Is it a bad thing that when I see a big fat turkey, I think of how good that turkey would look in the middle of my table for Thanksgiving dinner? Disturbing, maybe, but at least I'm honest. We named this guy "Turkey Lurkey."

Oh, what's that? You'd like to see that big juicy guy up close? I thought you'd never ask...

Sans the blue face and wobbly gobble, looks pretty appetizing, eh?

We were slightly hesitant to get close right at first, but as soon as Turkey Lurkey started doing his gobble gobble dance, all was right in Penny's world.

If that isn't a look of just pure joy and utter excitement, I don't know what is. Or maybe she's like her mom and thinking of how delicious Turkey Lurkey looked. I wouldn't doubt it. She loves her meats.

We took a bath tonight to get rid of the evidence that we had a very fun-filled day rolling around in the dirt. She doesn't like when I give her funny hair-dos. She prefers the more sensible "swept back" look. Well, today, in good Turkey Lurkey fashion, we went all out. Here was the end result (lots of drool in these pictures. More teeth coming soon):


Flock of turkeys or Flock of Seagulls?

"Ummmmm...mom? You're not putting this on the blog ARE YOU??"

4 comments:

Whitney Easton said...

I love this! Every part of this post! She is just so cute!

Amanda said...

oh heck reagan is so cute. i especially love the one where she's smiling at the turkey. is she ever NOT smiling and cute? i've never seen it.

Ernest Pratt said...

This was one of the funniest articles! I loved the after bath part the best. That first foto with Reagen's wet hair made me laugh hard!

Kristin said...

Ryann has those same pjs. I love her facial expressions. It reminds me so much of Jason.